Keeping Energy Flowing
Electrical systems are vital to the comfort, safety, and productivity of every person who lives or works in a building. In today’s complex, hi-tech, fast-paced world, a building’s electrical system has grown beyond the capabilities of many traditional electrical contractors. McKinstry has the diverse technical experience and customer focus that makes us uniquely qualified to provide superior service in a multitude of environments. Our electrical services range from system design, installation, and testing to long-term service and maintenance. Equipped with the design and estimating staff to affect and implement large, complex projects, our team has decades of industry experience delivering the highest caliber projects.
McKinstry’s diverse electrical expertise is delivered by a superb field crew of union electricians that receive regular training on the most current safety and technical skills. They are supported by a fully-licensed engineering, estimating and project management staff that is committed to continuously improving our ability to provide superior service. Our competencies include:
Design-Build Electrical Construction
Our team has the engineering and construction management resources to deliver complex, integrated projects that maximize value for the client without compromising quality.
Our electrical pre-fab shop leverages our field team by streamlining productivity and helping to meet aggressive project schedules. We also have the capability to build assemblies that meet the standards of a nationally recognized testing laboratory.
Recognizing that working in occupied premises demands the highest attention to project schedule and consideration for the tenant, McKinstry’s electrical special projects team emphasizes quick response and customer satisfaction to ensure our impact on tenants is a positive one.
Electrical disruptions grind facility operations to a halt and jeopardize tenant satisfaction. Our preventive maintenance and 24-hour emergency repair services provide access to expertise and resources for any planned or emergency maintenance need.
Our approach begins with proven engineering expertise in lean and sustainable design, pre-construction, and electrical installations. In collaboration with the client, we develop a thorough understanding of their business requirements to establish the best framework for the design in the early phases of the project to save energy, eliminate waste, and decrease costs.
As a full service, integrated design/build electrical and low voltage contractor we offer a complete range of in-house expertise and capabilities for projects both large and small. By offering all of these services under one roof, we provide our clients with a single-source of accountability for every project, fewer scope gaps, lower costs, and guaranteed outcomes.
- Power and wiring systems
- Branch circuit panel boards
- HVAC controls
- Data services
- System start-up/commissioning
- Electrical low voltage and high voltage systems
- Fire alarm
- Pre-action controls and detection
- Emergency generation and distribution systems
- Variable frequency drives
- Emergency generators
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Electrical pre-fabrication
- 24-Hour electrical service and repair
- Lighting controls and dimming systems
- Lighting design, retrofits, and upgrades
- Industrial, commercial, critical environments, health care, data centers, education, public, and government energy services
- Integrated service and project delivery of Mechanical, Electrical, Data, and Plumbing systems
- In-house electrical design and engineering
- Building Information Modeling (BIM), drafting, and detailing
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis
- Guidance for critical decisions, code compliance, system selection, LEED certification, and overall design process
- Commitment to provide consistent service over the long term
- Safety focus
- 24/7 customer service
- Intertek ETL certified fabrication shop