Build the future, spark innovation and align your career with purpose.
McKinstry is innovating the waste and climate harm out of the built environment and creating lasting impact. Together, we’re building a thriving planet.
Buildings are a leading contributor to the climate crisis, generating nearly 40% of total global energy-related carbon emissions. We’re making a lasting impact on our industry and within our communities by addressing the climate, affordability and equity crises through:
To get where we’re going, we need big thinkers, problem solvers and collaborative mindsets. Does that sound like you?
The Opportunity with McKinstry
McKinstry cannot succeed without you. We are currently seeking a Senior Commissioning Engineer to join our growing Southwest Region Technical Services team. Your passion, experience and endless curiosity are the drivers we need as we seek to become the leading commissioning provider in Arizona and across the Southwest.
At McKinstry, 2022 winners of the Building Commissioning Association Benner Award and a 2022 Consulting-Specifying Engineer Top 5 Commissioning Giant, commissioning is respected as an essential part of project delivery and a preferred method for ensuring building systems are installed and operated to reach maximum performance. Newly built buildings need you to ensure they operate as designed. Existing buildings need your capable hands to fine-tune operations.
Commissioning experts are the all-to-often unsung heroes of the built environment. We recognize and value your proven leadership in high-performance buildings across:
Technical and Consulting Services:
- Helping our clients improve efficiency and lower operating costs on new and exciting projects.
- Ensuring buildings deliver maximize comfort for the life of the building.
- Developing, managing and coordinating project-specific commissioning plans.
- Performing commissioning activities on a variety of building systems.
- Verifying building system compliance to engineering specifications.
- Reviewing system installation, functional performance and control systems operations.
What You Need to Succeed at McKinstry:
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading new construction commissioning projects
- 3+ years of MEP commissioning experience
- Proven understanding and efficient use of building automation systems.
- Ability to read, understand and identify potential issues within construction documents.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Suite skills including Teams, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, architectural, or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
When it comes to the basics, we have you covered:
Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision with low or zero deductible options and low out of pocket maximums
People come first at McKinstry and we go beyond the basic benefits with:
Family formation benefits, including adoption and IVF assistance
Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
Transgender inclusive benefits
“Building Good” paid community service time
Learning and advancement opportunities via McKinstry University
McKinstry Moves onsite gyms or reimbursement for remote workers
See benefit plan documents for complete details.
If you’re driven by our vision to build a thriving planet together, McKinstry is the place to build your career.
The pay range for this position is $84,060 - $122,760 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks