Build the future, spark innovation, and align your career with purpose.
McKinstry is innovating the waste and climate harm out of the built environment and creating lasting impact. Together, we’re building a thriving planet.
Buildings are a leading contributor to the climate crisis, generating nearly 40% of total global energy-related carbon emissions. We’re making a lasting impact on our industry and within our communities by addressing the climate, affordability, and equity crises through:
- renewables and energy services
- engineering and design
- construction and facility services
To get where we’re going, we need big thinkers, problem solvers and collaborative mindsets. Does that sound like you?
The Opportunity with McKinstry
We are currently seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Energy Arizona division.
- Develop strategies, goals and objectives specific to project execution.
- Support other Energy Engineers and other staff in determining the right technical approach for evaluating complex efficiency solutions.
- Encourage and facilitate innovation amongst the broader team in identifying energy efficiency solutions.
- Review and approve Project Risk Reviews for Energy Calculations prior to presenting savings (for projects with which the Senior Building Engineer is not affiliated).
- Make presentations to clients on findings, recommendations and solutions.
- May lead an IGA project (schedule, Budget, Meeting, Pre-qualification, site walks, estimating, scope, M&V, rebates).
- Coordinate facility site visits and communicate with outside vendors.
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team in developing overall projects in a strategic manner.
- Develop new methods for improving energy calculation templates to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with the Business Development and Program Management staff to establish tactical solutions and strategic sales approach for project proposals.
- Act as the lead on communicating technical standards and process improvement on a local and regional level.
- Review energy analysis in Measurement and Verification reports in coordination with the Performance Assurance Specialist.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing, reviewing, and editing scopes of work to ensure that the design engineers are meeting the intent of the FIM.
What You Need to Succeed at McKinstry
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, architectural engineering, engineering or related field required.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally required.
- Proficiency in eQuest, Trace 700, Energy Plus or Carrier HAP required.
- Full understanding of industry-standard calculation methods including, but not limited to, degree-day method, bin method, hourly simulation, lighting calculations, affinity laws, and electrical load and power calculations required.
- Understanding of Energy Services Performance Contracting required.
- Demonstration of proficiency in building and energy codes and incentive programs and processes required.
- Six (6) years of Energy Engineering experience preferred.
- PE, LEED professional designations preferred.
- CEM professional designation required.
When it comes to the basics, we have you covered:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match and profit-sharing plan
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision with low or zero deductible options and low out of pocket maximums
People come first at McKinstry, and we go beyond the basic benefits with:
- Family formation benefits, including adoption and IVF assistance.
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave.
- Transgender inclusive benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Pet insurance
- “Building Good” paid community service time.
- Learning and advancement opportunities via McKinstry University
- McKinstry Moves onsite gyms or reimbursement for remote workers.
See benefit plan documents for complete details.
If you’re driven by our vision to build a thriving planet together, McKinstry is the place to build your career.
The pay range for this position is $76,320- $109,980 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
#LI-JC3 Apply Now