A Partnership for the People by the People
The United States Government is the largest consumer of energy in the world and spends over $8 billion annually.
As the federal government’s workplace solutions provider, the United States General Services Administration (GSA) is committed to improving the efficiency of the federal building portfolio. McKinstry, as a trusted partner in this effort, promotes responsible use and effective management of government assets to increase energy efficiency, reduce operating costs and spur job creation.
Using the ESPC process, which leverages future energy cost and operating savings to pay for facility improvements, McKinstry has helped the GSA to improve efficiency, maximize investment and achieve energy savings in more than 9,600 government-owned or leased buildings.
McKinstry is one of 16 Energy service companies (ESCOs) awarded an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) Department of Energy (DOE) energy savings performance contract (ESPCs).
McKinstry leads the industry in design-build and smart building system integration. Our innovative approach engages people, applies process and leverages innovative technology to empower facility occupants, create smarter operators and deliver high-performance buildings that perform optimally over their life cycles.
One way we achieve this is through our proprietary web-based software platforms, EEM Suite™ and InfoCentre™, which enable us to monitor building and facility performance in real-time – twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year. Applied to an enterprise portfolio, this solution provides an effective tool for asset performance management.
- Design-Build M+E contracting
- Energy savings performance contracting
- Smart Building Systems integration
- Demand response
- Smart metering to smart grid solutions
- Advanced metering services
- Renewable energy systems
- Co-generation/combined heat power
- Creative tax credit and green tags/white tags
- ESCO preventative maintenance
- Continual measurement and verification (M&V)
- Sustainability/LEED consulting and climate action plans
- Energy performance audits
- Facility services
- Remote operations and energy optimization
- Contracting vehicles
- Mentor-protégé relationships
- Teaming agreements and joint ventures
- No premium for the energy services delivery
- Open book pricing & Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMAX)
- Single-point of accountability
- Quantifiable performance benchmarks
- Vendor neutrality
- Full suite of solutions for all facets of key executive orders