McKinstry Expands Arizona Market Presence
Steve Frost joins McKinstry as Southwest Regional Operations Director; Energy & Technical Services team strengthened with new hires and promotions
PHOENIX (Dec. 18, 2018) — McKinstry hired Steve Frost to lead the company’s operations in Arizona, Nevada and the greater Southwest Region. Frost delivers a unique mix of energy performance contracting expertise and the ability to look long-term at capital budget and facility condition needs to drive value for clients across all building lifecycle stages. He is a seasoned construction and energy services executive with more than 30 years of experience serving the Phoenix market.
“McKinstry is in an ideal position to work with clients in a way that maximizes immediate and long-term value across their facility assets,” said Frost. “The company takes a holistic, integrated approach that starts by assessing facility and asset condition, identifying both current and future needs. The collaborative approach enables clients to better prioritize capital improvements and maintenance expenditures during budget planning. The process centers on actionable data, which stays up to date as a living resource, going well beyond static reports that do nothing but sit on the shelf. That ability to deliver action and long-term value is what attracted me to McKinstry.”
McKinstry is a national leader in construction, mechanical contracting and energy services. The company established its Phoenix office as its Southwest Region hub in 2012 to better serve clients spanning K-12 school districts, higher education and universities, municipalities, healthcare and private industry. Multiple recent new hires and promotions have strengthened the Southwest Region team, including:
- Kreischer Davis; Account Executive: McKinstry promoted Kreischer Davis to account executive, responsible for supporting and developing energy projects for K-12 public school districts. He has nearly 15 years of experience working with clients to cut utility and operating costs by creating sustainable, high-performing buildings. He joined McKinstry in 2014.
- Jeffrey Flinn; Lighting Project Manager: McKinstry promoted Jeffrey Flinn to lead lighting system design and retrofit projects. He partners with clients to perform lighting audits and energy assessments to drive energy savings performance contracting (ESPC) opportunities. Flinn has nearly 30 years of experience as a lighting engineer. He joined McKinstry in 2016.
- Nick Zylstra; Program Manager: McKinstry focused Nick Zylstra to support its Southwest Region in leading the initial stages of project design and construction. He has been with McKinstry for more than a decade working to develop new markets for the company across the Western United States.
- Edward Ball; Senior Account Executive for Technical Services: McKinstry hired Edward Ball to help clients streamline building performance and capital planning through facility condition assessments, commissioning, active energy management and more. Ball has nearly 25 years of national technical consulting experience.
- Cliff Faraci; Construction Project Manager: McKinstry hired Cliff Faraci to lead construction projects across the region. Over the past decade, Faraci has managed more than 800 construction and mechanical contracting projects, establishing a proven track record of success.
- Chelsea Wolfman; Energy Engineer: McKinstry hired Chelsea Wolfman to lead engineering and development efforts in support of client energy projects. Her experience spans multiple energy efficiency projects for higher education and municipal clients.
“McKinstry has worked with top universities, school districts, hospitals and private companies across Arizona and Nevada, demonstrating how energy projects can improve and adapt existing buildings to meet shifting occupant needs and expectations,” said Leslie Larocque, Vice President for Energy and Technical Services for McKinstry’s Mountain Regions. “We’re demonstrating our commitment to Arizona and the Southwest Region by deepening our bench of local expertise with a strong group of professionals that share McKinstry’s focus on cutting waste throughout the built environment.”
McKinstry is a national leader in designing, constructing, operating and maintaining high-performing buildings. From new construction and ongoing operations to adaptive reuse and energy retrofits, the company provides a single point of accountability across the entire building lifecycle. McKinstry focuses on people and outcomes to ensure the built environment serves owners, operators and occupants alike. McKinstry is your trusted partner for the life of your building.