City of Brooklyn Park
McKinstry worked with the City of Brooklyn Park, MN to improve energy efficiency across the community. Improvements were made at city hall, the operations and maintenance building, service buildings like police and fire stations, on city streets, Edinburgh golf course and two ice rinks.
Brooklyn Park’s Community Activity Center ice rinks were converted to a geothermal cooling system using city water to make the ice. The system is one of the most efficient in the nation, and its efficiency is beyond that of traditional geothermal systems.
- New building controls
- Building envelope improvements
- Water conservation
- Interior lighting retrofits
- Street and parking lot lighting
- Waste oil heating system
- Ice rink geothermal cooling system
- Indoor air quality monitoring in ice rinks
Owner – City of Brooklyn Park