Photo Credit: Hoffman Construction
Genentech, a world class pharmaceutical company, relied on McKinstry’s expertise in building a 300,000 sq. ft. FDA validated fill and finish facility in Hillsboro, Oregon. It was this client’s first large scale design/build project needing to meet FDA validation requirements and McKinstry self-performed the engineering, HVAC piping and ductwork, and all the plumbing.
- The project included all of the following:
- Two-story office building with large commercial kitchen/dining, locker rooms, server room, quality control inspection laboratory, maintenance shops, and offices.
- Central utility plant consisting of a large chiller room, boiler room, and critical utilities room.
- Manufacturing building includes clean suites featuring packaging, fill suites, formulation suites, inspection suites, large lyopholizers mechanical room, and a large mechanical room hosting the AHU’s and other process equipment.
- Raw materials high-bay storage warehouse featuring a quality control laboratory, hazardous storage rooms, tank management area, freezer & warm rooms, and raw materials storage.
- Distribution center features 15,000 sq. ft. of cold room storage and ambient storage for the finished product for distribution.
Architect – Flad Architects
General Contractor – Hoffman Construction